TheCrockery

A Catholic perspective on the world and all the good things therein, especially books and food. Literature cum chocolate is the order of the day at The Crockery.

Name:
Location: A Collegetown, Undisclosed Location, United States

No longer a graduate student, Teresa is now a professional know-it-all.

Friday, November 04, 2005

November is National Novel Writing Month!



Yes, that's right: this is National Novel Writing Month. Evidently, each November a group of people agree to start writing frantically on November 1st. Their goal: to complete a 50,000 word (175 page) novel by the end of the month. Some of them actually complete the goal each year. Impressive, isn't it? You can read more about it here.

Had I world enough and time, I might enjoy participating in the project, as I think I might have a good chance of cranking out 50,000 words in one month. (After all, in the past, I've written a ~ 20 page paper in one day.) Unfortunately, I didn't read up on the idea in time to start a new novel, and it would be cheating to finish an old novel. Besides, it's probably best for the sake of my dissertation that I not take on an additional huge writing project.

However, I wanted to pass the word along in case there are other aspiring novelists who haven't heard of the program yet and who are just crazy enough to get started a few days late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home