TheCrockery

A Catholic perspective on the world and all the good things therein, especially books and food. Literature cum chocolate is the order of the day at The Crockery.

Name:
Location: A Collegetown, Undisclosed Location, United States

No longer a graduate student, Teresa is now a professional know-it-all.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Geography of Christian America

I don't have time for a long blog entry tonight, but I stumbled upon this map today, and thought I'd share it. It shows the counties of all 50 states, colored in to indicate which denomination is predominant. My first thought on looking at it was something along the lines of "Wow, that's a pretty impressive Baptist belt!" My second thought was that there was also a large number number of counties where Catholicism is the predominant denomination. That shouldn't be surprising, though, since Catholics comprise something like 25% of all Americans.

Anyway, that's my thought for the day. Enjoy!


P.S. I'd give credit where credit is due, but I can't seem to find my source for the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home