TheCrockery

A Catholic perspective on the world and all the good things therein, especially books and food. Literature cum chocolate is the order of the day at The Crockery.

Name:
Location: A Collegetown, Undisclosed Location, United States

No longer a graduate student, Teresa is now a professional know-it-all.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sweet Home Kansas City

I am not, in fact, from Kansas City, but the my barbecue sauce is. Tonight, I've decided to utilize that sauce in combination with my favorite type of sausage, in what I hope will be a tasty variation of a common dish at the Tulip house: kielbasa in barbecue sauce.

Ingredients:

1 lb of kielbasa, cut into bite-sized pieces

1/2 of a medium-sized onion, sliced (You may cut the resulting onion rings in half to create onion crescents, though as far as I know, no one else calls them that.)

1/2 cup marmalade (This is what makes "Sweet Home Kansas City Kielbasa" a unique dish. Marmalade is said to go well with barebcue sauce, but I've never tried it.)

1/2 cup plain ole barbecue sauce
(In other words, you don't have to get a fancy shmancy flavor. Just pick the "original" of your favorite brand.)

Directions:

Combine ingredients in a small or medium cooker (small cookers may work best). Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for about 2 hours. Serve with warm rolls, vegetables, and perhaps a cheesy side dish. Plain, cheap, comes-in-a-box macaroni and cheese makes a good companion for this meal, but you can be more creative if you like.

2 Comments:

Anonymous nanhuff said...

What did you think of your Sweet Home Kansas City? It sounds a lot like the Lil Smokies recipe, which uses BBQ sauce and grape jelly.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Teresa H.T. said...

Sadly, it was a little too sweet for our tastes. If I make it again, I may decrease the amount of marmelade. I DID discover that marmelade goes well over chicken, though!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home