TheCrockery

A Catholic perspective on the world and all the good things therein, especially books and food. Literature cum chocolate is the order of the day at The Crockery.

Name:
Location: A Collegetown, Undisclosed Location, United States

No longer a graduate student, Teresa is now a professional know-it-all.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Check it Out, Y'all!

I'm not in the habit of posting a series of links to other work, but hey, there's a first time for everything, right?

First up is another Amy Welborn post about music. This lists some new norms for liturgical music in the US. Some of them look promising.

Next, we have Pocket Chapel, because who DOESN'T want a home altar on her desktop? Especially if it's free! This is an interesting idea, actually, but whoever does the writing for this website appears to be unfamiliar with the English language. As a result, we have statements like this:

See it as a sign of god on your Computer, which remembers you, that we all are a part of a bigger thing.

Is it mean for me to point out things like that? Probably. As penance, I'm going to point my readers to this page and say only that I've actually had one of these candles, and they smell very good. So you just go ahead and ignore all the criticism regarding the product name and marketing concept.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention this "Motivational Poster" contest. (Sorry, kids the contest is closed. But hey, you can still see what other people entered!) Some of the entries in the "humorous" division are quite funny. Warning: some of them are even meaner than I am. There's a distinct lack of charity towards those with different religious beliefs in some entries. I'm sure the creators would argue that the purpose of the humor is to point out the absurdities of their opponants position. Whatever. The use of humor of a weapon is too big of an issue for me to tackle today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home